- Develop a Debt Collection and Recovery Process: Develop a debt collection and recovery process that includes regular contact with debtors and a clear timeline for when and how to escalate cases.
- Create a Collection Policy and Protocol: Create a comprehensive collection policy and protocol that outlines who is responsible for debt collection, how to contact debtors, what collection methods to use, and when to refer to an attorney.
- Establish Communication Guidelines: Establish clear communication guidelines that specify when and how to contact debtors and how to respond to their requests.
- Stay Professional: Stay professional and courteous when communicating with debtors and adhere to all applicable laws and regulations.
- Negotiate Payment Plans: Negotiate payment plans that are agreeable to both parties, and make sure to follow up on payments.
- Leverage Technology: Leverage technology to automate debt collection processes and streamline communication.
- Utilize Collection Agencies: Utilize collection agencies when necessary, and make sure to ensure they are following all applicable laws and regulations.
- Consider Legal Action: Consider legal action as a last resort, but only after all other collection options have been exhausted. Make sure to research applicable laws and regulations before taking any legal action.
Al Bahar & Associates Advocates & Legal Consultants > Debt Collection Articles > Best Bad Debt Recovery Practices We should follow